Saturday, February 7, 2009

good day sunshine

For the first time in way too long Skye and I had a wonderful, leisurely, happy afternoon together and it was so nice. We dropped the kids off with my folks and headed south a spell to a little outpost of flea markets and antique centers. We ate lunch at a little diner and didn't have to rush because Lyric was screaming or Tigerlily was bothering all of the other customers. We browsed at 3 (yes, 3!) different flea markets without ever worrying about kids breaking expensive china. We talked and laughed and just took it easy. I love spending time with my kids but we need to make this grown up time a habit!
Check out the loot:

Beautiful framed needlework the perfection of which I will only ever aspire to. So colorful and perfect for my new studio!

A spool of raspberry-colored elastic. Always useful and only $1!

One of those old-fangled baby food warmer bowls (they must have a name, I just don't know what it is) for a certain future baby to be (NOT mine. nononono).

A set of bright yellow salt and pepper shakers so we can finally have something decent to offer when meal collective is at our place (and for all of the breakfast, lunch and dinner parties we plan to have when we move. New Year's brunch 2010, baby!).

Two white lotus bowls. I've been covetting these in all of my favorite vinage shops on Etsy and found these puppies for $.50 each. And this teensy tiny yellow one for $.35!:

And lastly some utilitarian but pretty vintage mugs:

:I already had 2 of the yellow and was psyched to find another yellow as well as these avocado green ones to make a set.

SUCH a good day.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE all your treasures! Not to mention how refreshing it is to hear that you enjoy time away from your kids. There's nothing better than one on one time with the spouse! So glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete