Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Who cut the cheese?

I did!


One of my favorite customers asked if I could make her a mini swiss cheese quilt and of course I said yes! I love that my customers challenge me with things I never would have thought of on my own. This little beaut measures about 13" by 9" and was one of those "dive right in, don't think too much about it" projects. I mean, a hole in the middle of a quilt? Gasp! Had I thought about how I was going to do it I would have gotten all worked up and probably flubbed the whole thing. But now I'm thinking of other applications for holes in quilts. Doughnuts? Wheels? A ring? And certainly some amazing abstract possibilities there. I've been really wanting to spend some more time on art quilts and this little charmer (and my wonderful customer, Emily!) may have just inspired me to do it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment