Tuesday, January 20, 2009

another one down

I haven't had a ton of time to work lately. I look forward to having much more time for work in the weeks to come once Skye cuts back on his work a bit and we focus on living creatively on less (including bartering, trading and really pushing the local currency idea we've both been really passionate about). Amazingly, in the spare moments here and there over the past few days I've created this:




:It's for the niece of our fantastic friend Katie and I'm so pleased with how it turned out. I had hoped to put a bit more detail into the Hawaiian flower but kind of ran out of steam after attaching its 18 individual fabric pieces. Here's a photo of the real thing:


:The little tendrils would have been fantastic, but so much work. Am I finally becoming realistic about what I can do in these books? Of course not--I'm totally regretting not putting in the extra effort. If I wasn't under a time constraint I definitely would have done it. Imagine what I'll come up with when I actually have time to work!

Lately I've been doing all of my handwork in front of this, on demand from Netflix. Belly laugh-inducing television is hard to come by (though there's always this)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment