Thursday, January 15, 2009

works in progress

Well, the book's not done (sooo much embroidery in this one), but here's a closer look at one of the pages. That's Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany, about 2" x 3".

If you haven't guessed this is a German-themed book. I used almost exclusively vintage calicos (like that awesome olive green), much of which was handed down to me from my German Great Grandmother. Seemed appropriate. I wanted to create a sort of bavarian/fairy tale feel for the book but couldn't really define what that meant so I just went to my (crazy-enormous) stash. After pulling piece after piece of vintage I decided to go with it.

I'll try to post more/better pictures tomorrow (with my pathetic--but red!--camera), including the finished product.



I also started on a submission to the Singer/Craft: Sewing with Nature contest that I'm pretty excited about. I could REALLY use that sewing machine!


0 comments:

Post a Comment