Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Evens

I've been out of the loop with new music for a few months but recently unearthed these CDs and have fallen in love again. From the first time I heard Minor Threat at age 15 or so I've worshipped Ian MacKaye and, though I still love the hardcore, his new stuff is definitely more me-as-a-grown-up. The whole family went to see them a year or so ago in the basement of our local library and it was so amazing. Lyric was just a wee little thing and Tigerlily pranced and danced through the sitting crowd of hipsters. Mr. MacKaye thanked us for bringing our kids and I couldn't stop grinning.

Here's my latest creation, made while listening to The Evens:

:It's my submission for the Craft:/Singer Sewing with Nature contest. I hope it's good enough to win me a sewing machine!

1 comment:

  1. that nest is awesome! crossing my fingers in hopes you win.

    ReplyDelete