Thursday, June 24, 2010

85 Days of Summer

Summer Week #2 and we're still going strong!

On Monday we spent a bit of time outside, including some outdoor painting time.

Tuesday was a busy day with lots to get done, errands to run, and lots of folks in town for NADEC at the Free School. I resurrected the kids' play kitchen with some long-needed repairs and it kept them busy for hours.

Wednesday was my first day of watching Trixie, one of Lyric's bffs. I'll be watching her a couple of days a week for much of the summer. These two crack me up. (Again, the play kitchen. How did we survive while it was out of commission?)

On Thursday we had a friend over and took advantage of the delayed rain by having a picnic in the People's Park behind our house.

We went to the library on Friday to round up lots of books for vacation. My kids are both way into graphic novels. Me too!

On Saturday our family gathered at my brother's house to have dinner with my visiting Grandpa who regaled us with stories of bringing farm animals to weddings. So funny.

And here we are on Sunday, loading up for our week away from it all in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont! We're all really looking forward to this chance to unplug, get away from all of our day-to-day worries and spend some time alone as a family. See you next week!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment