Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Never Say Never

My first words after my second child was born were, "I'm never doing this again." (Though I cherish my birth experiences, both at home and free of complications, Lyric's birth was really intense!)

Well, I was wrong!  Baby number three will be here sometime in November!!  We have gone from terrified ("What have we done?!") to shocked ("How did this happen?!?") to excited (and still a little shocked and terrified) over the past three months.  My two older kids (Tiger will be 10 this week and Lyric 7 right around when the baby is due!) are over the moon about it which has really helped Skye and I wrap our heads around the idea.

I kind of feel like I'm doing this for the first time, it's been so long since I've had a baby!  But I loooove babies and am excited to have another go at it.  Plus, I get to make lots of cute stuff!!  I've already knitted a little vest for the wee guy or gal, and just finished a crib quilt.  This is more than I ever got done for my older kids so I'm feeling pretty accomplished.


pattern here
Though I don't know what the future will hold, I am planning on keeping the shop open without a break, though as of now I plan to stop accepting custom book and banner orders sometime in September before our long Maine vacation (though depending on how I feel I may sneak one or two orders in) and resume custom work sometime after the new year.  I will continue selling printed books throughout and hope to have at least a few new designs in the shop before the holidays.

So, if you're thinking of ordering a custom book or banner, even if it's for a Christmas of Hanukkah gift, get your orders in early! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment