Monday, July 25, 2011

End of an Era

We went to see the last Harry Potter movie this weekend and I definitely had a tear in my eye, so sad to know that it's really all over. I have loved reading this series, both silently to myself and out loud to Tigerlily, and seeing and enjoying each movie in turn. I will surely read them again and watch the movies repeatedly, but in a lot of ways it was like saying goodbye to an old, wonderful friend.

Skye wasn't pleased with some of the omissions in the movie (and at one point even Tigerlily was like, "where's Grawp?") but I thought it was really well done. But that may be because my very favorite character, Severus Snape, was finally redeemed.


I love Snape. I love how vulnerable, complex and flawed he is, and how deep his love for Lily. And if I wasn't sure that he was my favorite character before seeing this film, Alan Rickman sealed the deal for me with his amazing portrayal of Snape. I don't care what anyone says, I love Severus Snape. Always.

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way about the end of this era in our lives. I started reading these books to Anna before she could read. I wish Hermione's battle for the house elves could been a bigger part in the movies, but I get why it wasn't. Loved Snape.

    ReplyDelete