Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Picture a Day: New Couch!

The perfect couch, already at home amidst our mess

I've got a bit of the old Spring fever these days. I've been dreaming of sprucing up the place and have big plans for re-imagining the lay out of our amazing space. Top on my list of priorities has been to find the perfect couch for our main living area. I've been checking Craigslist twice a day for a couple weeks now to no avail. It's really shocking what people are asking for their gross giant sofas on Craigslist! I was even prepared to pay a similar price if the perfect vintage modern sofa appeared, but to no avail.

And then this morning, on a whim, I asked Skye if he wanted to go to our local Salvation Army store just to take a peek and, lo and behold, there it was! I literally walked in the door, spotted it across the room (kinda hard to miss that bright orange velour) and knew right away it would be mine. Upon closer inspection we found that it's in excellent shape, not gross or smelly or stained at all, and only $50! It was obviously meant to be.

Now if I can just find the perfect rug to go with it...any suggestions? I'm shocked at the lack of rug options out there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment